Communities Guidelines and Terms
Last updated: as of November 30, 2021
Welcome to the ExecOnline Communities!
ExecOnline platforms, forums, communities, messaging services, in-program chat functions, websites, programs, professional and social media sites, and further additions and iterations to/of the foregoing (each a “Community,” and collectively, the “Communities”) are places that provide opportunities to share with, learn from and network with other participants in ExecOnline programs and experiences (“Programs”) and enthusiasts (collectively, “Users”). The ExecOnline Communities are great spaces to share Program experiences and best practices, discuss industry topics, exchange ideas and troubleshoot issues with other ExecOnline Users from around the world.
We encourage you to participate with posts, comments, questions, notes, pictures, videos and file uploads (collectively, “Content”). Chances are someone has input or ideas that can help you or can point you in the right direction. If you find some Content that works, let others know and pass on your own tips and insights. You might just have the answer someone else needs. Remember to show your appreciation to other ExecOnline Community Users who have helped you by giving kudos to helpful posts.
We thank you for your enthusiasm, but we also want to ensure that the ExecOnline Communities remain valuable, safe and appropriate for you to share your experiences, thoughts and interests. By using the ExecOnline Communities, you agree to the below guidelines and terms (collectively, “Terms”), which is a legally binding contract between you and ExecOnline regarding your use of the Communities. If you do not wish to accept the Terms, do not access or use any of the Communities.
We invite you to participate in these Communities by submitting User Content, subject to the following Terms.
- Be polite and respectful. Everyone should feel comfortable reading Content and participating in ExecOnline Communities. We will not tolerate inflammatory or other inappropriate statements, material or links. Refrain from posting anything that is taunting and arbitrarily inflammatory and keep your comments and involvement in the Communities constructive and positive.
- Be honest. When participating in a Program, you agree to complete all work, including any assignments, associated with each Program in which you may be enrolled with your own, original work and only your own, original work and not to engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve your results, or improve or hurt the results of others.
- Keep your promises. Don’t post any Content that you don’t have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyrights, trade secrets or securities), under contractual or fiduciary obligation (such as by a non-disclosure agreement), or under your own company’s policies or guidelines.
- Be relevant. Most of what is on our Communities is made by Users, for Users. Reflect about your Content before immediately posting and post Content that will prove useful to other Community Users. This will help to build better Communities.
- Don’t advertise. Don’t use the Communities to sell or market products to others, including pre-roll video ads or sponsorship graphics, and don’t post a URL unless it directly answers another User’s question. Don’t use the Communities for any other forms of solicitation, including chain, spam or mass communication.
- Get consent. Make sure you have all legal rights and approvals to post any Content that you provide or link to through the Communities.
- Don’t disclose or ask for private information. Don’t disclose, post or ask for your or any other User’s private or personal data such as name, personal identification numbers, passwords, credit card information. We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivizing others to do so.
- Don’t interfere. Don’t interfere with any other User’s enjoyment of the Communities or with the operation or security features of the Communities, including by disrupting, or making repeated access or requests that cause performance degradation to ExecOnline’s network, equipment or systems or by taking any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- No unauthorized access. Don’t attempt to gain unauthorized access to or obtain properties of the Communities not intended for use, or use any account credentials not your own, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- No inappropriate names or impersonation. Inappropriate or offensive User names or aliases will be removed, and persons attempting to impersonate or mislead another User or misrepresent affiliation with another will be removed from the Communities. User names may not contain website, email addresses or other contact information.
- No data collection. Do not use the Communities for any means of automated or other data collection, including scraping, indexing or crawling, mining, scripts, repeated data requests or any other method to collect, copy, or aggregate information hosted on the Communities.
- Don’t obscure or disguise. Don’t forget headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any Content posted to or transmitted through our Communities. Don’t obscure or convert for personal use, any part of the Communities, Content or their respective names, word marks, copyright notice, marks, logos or other notices or distinctive brand features in any manner.
- Comply with laws. Don’t promote any Content that is illegal or intended to promote or commit an illegal act. This includes violations of securities, intellectual property rights or data/privacy rights.
- This Content is strictly prohibited:
- Contains malware, viruses, ‘trojan horses’, corrupted files, or any other otherwise malicious Content or other contaminating or destructive features;
- Content which is libelous, defamatory, indecent, harmful, harassing (or incites others to harassment), intimidating, threatening, hateful, violent (or glorifies violence), objectionable, discriminatory, abusive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, encouraging of self-harm or offensive in a sexual, racial, cultural, or ethnic context.
- Content that is, or intends to be, misleading.
- You are responsible. You are responsible for all Content that you post on the ExecOnline Communities and for actions taken through the use of your password, so please maintain the confidentiality of your password. Your Content posted on the Communities is not pre-screened nor endorsed by ExecOnline. ExecOnline, its partners and providers are not responsible or liable for any acts, omissions and conduct of you or any third parties in connection with your use of the ExecOnline Communities.
- Alert us. If you see other Users violating ExecOnline Community rules, contact us as soon as possible.
If you fail to work in accordance with these Terms, ExecOnline reserves the right to:
- Temporarily or permanently suspend your ability to participate in any or all of ExecOnline Communities.
- Use all available information about you to stop any further actions by you, which may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer or law enforcement authorities of any infringement of our Terms.
- We may edit, block and/or remove prohibited Content on any of the ExecOnline Communities in our sole discretion, for any or no reason, and without notice.
Just a few more things:
- License to Use Content and Feedback. By posting Content to the Communities, you are granting ExecOnline a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, assignable, transferable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, exploit, distribute, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Content. If you do not want to grant to ExecOnline the rights set out above, do not post or share Content on the Communities. If you provide any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations on the Communities regarding ExecOnline Programs (“Feedback”), ExecOnline may use such Feedback and incorporate it in ExecOnline existing or new products, services and technologies without paying royalties or restriction, and without any other obligations to you.
- Our communication with you. By using any of the ExecOnline Communities, you agree to receive certain communications from us in connection with Communities. ExecOnline may respond to your Content directly in the ExecOnline Communities or may attempt to contact you outside the Communities via telephone, email or other method of communication.
- Update to Communities Terms. We may need to change these rules from time to time in order to support our goal of promoting a helpful and healthy Communities. The most current version is always available here.