Effective August 25, 2015
ExecOnline is committed to protecting the personal information of its executive participants. This Privacy Notice describes the personal information we collect in connection with the Executive Engagement Platform (“the Platform”), how we use that information and with whom we may share it.
COLLECTION AND USE
ExecOnline collects information from you in order to facilitate your use of the Platform and administer the Programs in which you enroll. We may collect personal information from your sponsoring organization, via our website, via the Platform (including our registration process, email and calendaring software) or over the phone. We collect and use the following types of personally identifiable information (information that can be used to identify a particular person):
Information provided by you or your sponsoring organization
- Request Information. Visitors to our website www.execonline.com may elect voluntarily provide personal information via ExecOnline websites, but are not required to do so. if you fill out and submit a feedback questionnaire or request information on products or services, you will be asked to provide your name, business address, phone number and business email address. ExecOnline collects this information so it may answer questions and forward requested information. You can also choose to receive newsletters or communications about our future Programs. Once you opt-in, you can choose to opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- Registration. When you register for a Program you (or in some cases your sponsoring organization) provide profile information such as your name, title, years of service, work email, work phone, mobile phone, country of origin, location (time zone/city/state/country), position and job function. We use this information to administer and improve our Program offerings and the Platform. We may use this information to communicate with you about current Programs and future offerings. While you cannot opt-out of administrative and required Program emails, you can choose to opt-out of marketing communications at any time.
- Credit card information. In most cases, Programs are paid for by your sponsoring organization. In certain cases, you may choose to pay using your own credit card. We do not process or store your credit card information. We use a third-party payment card processing company to process payments. This third party has committed to processing your payment card information in a secure, PCI compliant manner.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Course content. We record and store Program content, including course video lectures and group discussions, comments and assignments submitted via the Platform. We use this information to deliver Programs, administer the Platform and to improve upon future offerings.
- Performance metrics. We keep track of your participation in Courses, like your attendance record and progress, comments or assignments you submit during the Program, or data on how you performed. We primarily use this information for the benefit of your learning experience and to support feedback and interaction during the Program. We may also use this information in de-identified or aggregate form, to analyze and improve the quality of the Program or to create reports for internal use. We may also share this data with your sponsoring organization or with Program instructors and their affiliated school, as described in the How We Share Information section below.
- Platform analytics information. We use third party analytics tools to help us analyze how participants use Programs and the Platform. These tools may employ cookies or other technologies to generate information about your use of the Platform, including your IP address, general location, software and hardware characteristics, and the pages you visited before or after ExecOnline. We use this information to optimize the Platform and Program experience.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We will not share your information with third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice or as directed by you. We may share any of the personal information described above with:
- Program instructors and partner schools in order to administer and improve the Platform or Program offerings.
- Your sponsoring organization (employer) for its own internal purposes.
- Other Program participants as part of the Program, like when you submit a comment or feedback on a Program assignment.
- Our investors or service providers to the extent necessary to help us administer and improve our delivery of Programs via the Platform.
- We may also share de-identified or aggregate data with partner schools or other third parties for research purposes.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing or advertising purposes.
We may share personal information with third parties to (i) maintain the integrity of the Platform or of copyrighted Program material, (ii) to protect the personal safety of Program participants, (iii) as required by law or judicial process.
We may also transfer your personal information to our successors as part of a sale, merger or restructuring. In that event, ExecOnline will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the successor handles your personal information in a way that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
ACCESS, CHANGES TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access and change the information you provided when you registered at any time through your account profile page.
You can access Program assignments, submissions and feedback through the Platform, as well. If you wish to access any other personal information, or if you would like to request that ExecOnline delete your personal information, please contact our Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time via the unsubscribe mechanism within any email. You cannot opt-out of receiving certain administrative and Program-related emails.
ExecOnline uses reasonable physical, administrative and technical controls to protect participants’ personal information from unauthorized access or use.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change or update our information practices and this Privacy Notice without prior notice to you. We will post an updated Privacy Notice on our website to notify participants of any significant changes. If we materially alter our information practice, we will also send you an email notice of changes with 30 days notice. Your continued use of the Platform after 30 days constitutes your consent to the new information practices. We will note the effective date of the each new Privacy Notice. Please check here often for the most current version of this Privacy Notice.
California residents are entitled to an annual accounting of the personal information we’ve shared with third parties. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a collection/disclosure request, please contact our Customer Support (email@example.com).
Please note that any information you provide will be collected, accessed, transferred and stored in the United States, and possibly other territories, which may not provide the same legal protections to your personal data as provided in your country. However, ExecOnline complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. ExecOnline has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view ExecOnline’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
For more information, please read our Safe Harbor Policy at http://www.execonline.com/safeharbor, which describes how to resolve disputes involving our information practices.
If you have questions about your personal information or our information practices please contact us at:
Chief Technology and Compliance Officer
New York, NY 10003